- 1 whole chicken manokn, cut into serving pieces
- 1 can pineapple chunks, set aside the syrup
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk or coconut milk
- patis (fish sauce) or salt, to taste
- Marinade the chicken with the pineapple syrup for a few minutes. The Longer the better.
- Pour the chicken with the marinade in a pot, cook until the marinade evaporates and the chicken is lightly brown. (You’re not exactly frying the chicken–you just want to seal in the juices.)
- When done, set aside the chicken on one side of the pot.
- Add the oil, saute garlic and onions then mix together with the lightly browned chicken and cook for about a minute.
- Add the pineapple chunks then pour the evaporated milk. Cover and bring to a simmer. (If you are using coconut milk, do not cover, otherwise it will curdle).
- By the time the chicken is done, the sauce would be rather thick and creamy, stir then season with patis.
- Simmer again for 2 minutes then turn-off the heat.
- Best serve with steamed rice.