My only bigatin son Kevin is turning 18 on sunday, February 22. Pero kagabi ay inimbita ko na ang magagandang lahi/miyembro ng angkan ko for a dinner dito sa bahay. Hindi ko na hinintay ang sunday kasi sinasamantala ko na andito sa Iligan City si Evan, brother ko.
Sa halagang P1,500 lang na budget, namalengke at nagluto si Mamaru ng mga sumusunod:
SPICY BUFFALO CHICKEN WINGS
- 20 pieces chicken wings
- McCormick Rosemary Chicken Marinade
- 1 pack (80 grams) breading mix
- 1/2 cup butter/margarine
- 1 bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup hot chili sauce
- Oil for deep frying
- Divide chicken wings at joints, wash and drain.
- Dissolve McCormick marinade mix in 1/4 cup water.
- Marinate chicken wings for at least one hour.
- Just before frying, coat chicken evenly with breading mix.
- Deep fry chicken in batches until they are cooked in golden in color.
- Set the cooked chicken wings aside and prepare the sauce.
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter in a pan, pour in the whole bottle of Barbeque Sauce, and hot chili sauce. Mix thoroughly.
- When the sauce comes to a boil, turn off the fire and coat chicken wings evenly.
CREAMY PASTA CARBONARA
- 1 pack cream Knorr Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 250 ml all-purpose cream
- 200 grams sweet ham
- 200 grams bacon shredded
- 400 grams spinach fettucine noodles
- 1 head garlic
- a dash of nutmeg
- a dash of pepper
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated cheese for topping
1. Prepare the pasta based on instructions. Set aside.
2. Fry the bacon until brown and not too crispy. Set aside 1/4 for topping and the rest for the sauce.
3. In a saucepan, saute garlic with olive oil. Add ham and 3/4 of the fried bacon.
4. Add cream of mushroom soup. Mix well.
5. Season with nutmeg and pepper.
6. If the sauce is too salty, just mix additional cream to neutralize the salty taste,
7. Serve the sauce and noodles separately. Top with bacon bits.
- 1 kilo pork liempo (pork belly)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 laurel leaves (bay leaves)
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns or 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- water, for boiling
- oil (for frying)
- Cut the pork belly into serving pieces then combine with the garlic, peppercorn, laurel leaves, salt and water in a pan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 35-45 minutes or until skin is tender.
- Drain, cool and air dry.
- Deep-fry liempo pieces in batches until golden brown and blisters appear on skin.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Chop lechon kawali to serving pieces and serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
Para sa sawsawan, nasa sa ‘yo na yan kung ano ang trip mo. Pwedeng suka lang, o kaya suka, toyo, hiniwang sibuyas at sili. Pero mas trip namin kagabi ang Mang Tomas All-Around Sarsa.
SIMPLY SINFUL NO-BAKE BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE
Request ‘to ng Birthday boy… Blueberry Cheesecake.
Dito na rin sya nag-blow ng birthday candle nya.
- 2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin (measured from 2 envelopes)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- juice of 2 calamansi or 2 tsps. lemon juice (if available)
- 1/2 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1 can blueberries preserves
Combine crumbs, sugar and margarine; press firmly on bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Chill in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
With mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually beat in cream, and sugar until smooth. Add calamansi or lemon juice. Mix well.Dissolve the gelatin in the water and add in the cream cheese mixture. Beat until well blended and cream cheese fluffy.Add in the cool whipped cream and fold gently.Spoon over crust and let chill in the fridge for about 3 hours or until set. Top with some creamed blueberry preserves or or fresh whichever you prefer.
Namalengke ako kahapon ng 9 – 10:30 ng umaga.
Nag umpisa ako magluto ng 12 ng tanghali at natapos ako ng mga alas-5 ng hapon. Graveeeh! As in ako lang talaga mag-isa ang kumilos, walang katulong kasi nasa school pa ang mga bagets ko.
Tapos hostess pa ako kinagabihan nang nagsidatingan ang mga kapatid ko at mga pamangkin ko. Nakakapagod pero I swear, very fulfilling. May mga feeling akong hindi ko maipaliwanag. Basta bilang ina, masaya ako.
Gusto ko na sana matulog agad ng magsi-uwian ang mga kamag-anak ko kaso hindi pa pwede dahil tambak ng huhugasan ang lababo ko.
Alas dose na yata ng hatinggabi ako natapos sa paghuhugas at pagliligpit ng mga gamit kaya naman nung lumapit ako sa bed – ayun, BULAGTA ako!
* * * *
Quote of the Day:
“Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs… since the payment is pure love.”
– Mildred B. Vermont